We embrace the following main Biblical tenets of living our faith out in the world:
- God Rules: We believe that God governs the world and directs the course of history according to his sovereign will. Jesus, the risen and ascended Lord, now rules our world. (Philippians 2.11; Ephesians 1.20-21)
- The Kingdom: We believe that the kingdom of God - his rule of justice and mercy - is present in the world now and in time will come in all fullness. (Mark 1.14-15; Matthew 25.31-46; John 3.1-8)
- Stewardship: We have been created in God’s image, and are called to care for the earth. Using our talents and acquired knowledge, we manage the resources entrusted to us in a way that proclaims the presence of God’s rule. (Genesis 1.27, 28; Psalm 8.5, 6; Matthew 25.14-30)
- Work as Vocation: We believe that all legitimate forms of work are a divine calling or vocation; through our daily production in both goods and services we serve the Lord and bear witness to the presence of his kingdom. (Colossians 3.23,24; Ephesians 4.1; I Corinthians 15.58)
- Missions: The church is called to spread the good news of God’s redeeming love through our words and deeds, in our neighborhood and around the globe. (Matthew 28.18-20; Luke 10.1-12; Acts 1.8)
- Justice and Peace: We believe the Bible calls us to work to bring justice for all people in our society, both near and far; only when all are treated equally as image bearers of God will peace prevail. (Isaiah 58. 6-12; Micah 6.8 James 2.14-17)
The historic creeds of the church and the three forms of unity of the Christian Reformed Church summarize our understanding and application of the Holy Scriptures.
The Apostles' Creed
The Nicene Creed
The Athanasian Creed
The Heidelberg Catechism
Canons of Dort
The Belgic Confession
- We value a lifestyle that is nourished with daily prayer. (1 Chron. 16.7-14; Ps. 27.8; Ps. 105.1-4; Ps. 119.2; Is. 55.6; Mt. 7.7-8; Eph. 6.18; 1 Thess. 5.16-18; Jam. 5:13-16).
- We value Biblical and Spirit-filled preaching and teaching. (Is. 61.1-2; Mt. 28.18-20; Lk. 4.18-19; Acts 20.20; Rom. 10.14; 1 Cor. 1.22-24; 1 Cor. 2.1-5; Eph. 4.11-12; 2 Tim. 3.16-17; 2 Tim. 4.2).
- We value unity in our mission while allowing diversity in the family. (Diversity: Rom 12.3-18; 1Cor. 12.4-10, 28-31; Unity: 2 Chron. 30.12; Ps. 133.1; John 17.23; Rom. 15.5-7; Eph. 4.1-6; Eph. 4.11-13; Col. 3.14).
- We value meeting with and experiencing God in authentic worship. (Is. 29:13, Ex. 20:1-6, Ps. 95:6-7a, John 4:23, Rom. 12:1)
- We value educational ministries that equip us to serve in the Kingdom of God. (Rom. 12:2, Mt. 22:37, Eph. 4:11-12, 1 Cor. 9:25-26, 2 Tim. 3:16-17, Heb. 13:20-21)
- We value a caring family that ministers to the whole person. (James 1:27, 2:15-16, Eph. 4:11-13)
- We value outreach as a priority in all our ministries. (Gen. 12:1-4, Mt. 5:13-16, Acts 9, 1 Thes. 2:8, Luke 19:10, Mt. 18:18, Mt. 20-22, Mt. 28:18-20, John 17:18-21, Gal. 5:13-14, Philemon 6)
- We value a family that acts justly and loves mercy. (Mic. 6:8, James 2:12-13, Mt. 5:7)
- We value accountability to each other and the Lord. (Heb. 13:17, 1 Peter 4:17)
- We value a family that expresses its faith through gratitude. (Ps. 100, 1 Thes. 5:18, Heb. 12:28)
- We value a family that is trained to serve. (Eph. 4:11-12, 2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- We value our Reformed Creeds and Confessions. (Heb. 12:1, Acts 17:11)